Saturday, July 7, 2007

7 Reasons Why I Heart Me

It's my BIRTHDAY present to ME!!! Emporer Kuzco

It's "The Final Countdown" to my birthday. Only six more days...

Reason #6 That I Love Me:

I love doing projects but I often fail miserably at them. Take Today's example for a spin. I had this great idea to scrap book a quote onto paper and put it on a canvas painted black to match my family room and it turned out terribly. The letters aren't straight, you can see the modegepodge lines, and the paper went on all bubbly. I think I have to leave it up for the sake of Devin because he wouldn't like me after spending a lot of money on the project to just give up. Why can't I have Melissa's meticulous painting skills, Emily's mad scrapbooking skills or Amanda's good think it through before you do it skills? I need some of their genes. Instead I just got frustrated last night and went to sleep at like 9:30. Devin stayed up and tried to keep smoothing it out.




In other news, my teal squares turned out quite fabulously. Mostly due to my friend Shaina's help.She's really good at making tape straight. (I'm excited my next week's project is her wedding sign in book. Hopefully it will turn out okay. Sometime I need to post pictures of the other wedding books I did.)




So today's next project is hanging up all the pictures. I wish Devin could help but he's doing a project for someone else. I think they call it service? Dang righteous husband. Helping his friends. Puh! I still want to do a canvas painted black with a one year anniversary picture of us on it but I can't do it until Amanda gets home. So until then, hanging pictures it goes.But before I show you the finished product here is one more project I ripped off from Recollections that turned out okay.



Maybe one of these days I'll think of my own projects. Until then I'll just hang pictures.







Tahdah!

I love projects!!!

14 comments:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Wow, those legs in that picture are sure sexy. And I think your quote thing is hot, I hope you didn't say that to fish for complements...

p.s. My surrogate mother Lesli bought me a crop-o-dile. I heart her more than life.

MeL said...

Ok, so I love all of your projects, but I am truly very in love with your wedding picture. Lucky you that had insight on how to be ridiculously attractive and still look like yourself and not trying too hard on your wedding day, jerk.

The Fletchies said...

no I didn't say it to fish for compiments...when you look at it up close the paper got these folds in it and the to us is too low. But I kind of don't care anymore and are you kidding? she bought you a cropodile? I want a surrogate mom who buys me stuff. Lame. I need it. That is so not fair. I think we should all get one because our mom died.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Really laura must we take pictures while i am deliriously sleeping on your VERY comfy couch. Then you end up with pictures like the third one where you can see me taking a nap... a very good nap at that. so next time please take pictures with caution. Saying that reminded me of that song by New Amsterdam that goes "proceed with caution from here on in". sorry for the random song comment. -Judy

angiedunn said...

"YOUR CASA IS ADORABLE," angie shouts out of jealousy.

Sara! said...

How come nobody commented on the ridiculously adorable chandilier? I love it, and turquoise, and black and pink. I love your house. PS. I've found out that usually modgepodge onto canvas projects are all bubbly and wrinkly but miraculously flatten out by themselves when they dry. (I know the feeling of complete frustration and hatrid, I did 8 canvases for Oakley's room and ruined one that I now ignore, trying to get it all smooth.)

What's a cropadile? I imagine it green, of course, with teeth, of course, and somehow working like hungry hungry hippos. That would be fun.

Rachel Hatch said...

Laura don't take this the wrong way but I am very pleasantly surprised at how amazing your house is! I really love it and need to come see it in real life. And yes, I'm with Sara. What is this cropodile? Is it any thing like the cricket cut out thing?

Alisse Baldwin said...

I really like your teal square/rectangles! I wanna come see your house now.

The Fletchies said...

a crop-o-dile is this amazing hole puncher that will set you eyelets or punch out any size hole for brads. It's actually pink and it will cut through anything really easily. Like it cuts through metal and its not super hard to punch through. It's amazing.

MeL said...

Did you purchase your couch or was it inherited? Either way, it looks amazingly comfortable, and I'm a fan of Jujie's leg. Also, I'm ready for 5 more reasons that you heart you, because the first two were AMAZING! Oh, and even though you skipped a day and it is only like 4-almost-3 days until your birthday, I would still like 5 more reasons, even post-birthday. Thanks love!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Hey, keep up with your me-worship.

Unknown said...

SO cute!

Kirk and Aly said...

I love love love your turquoise walls! My older girls have turquoise in their room and I almost moved in because I liked it so much! So instead I just might move in with you guys since your house is so great! I'm so impressed with your craftiness!! Go you!