Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I hate the Shins!

Hey all,

Okay so I may not necessarily hate them, but I think they are very overrated.

This is definitely Devin here, and the views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the views of Laura Fletcher or her subsidiaries.



I haven't put anything on here as of late so I thought I would drop a few recommendations your way. Here are some things I like as of late:


Songs:
- "A Little Luxury" by the Muffs (especially this song)
- "Worms of the Senses/Faculties of the Skull" by Refused
- "Que Shiraz " by Hey Mercedes
- "When You Get Drafted" by the Dead Kennedys
- "You You You" by the Mr. T Experience
- "Bring It On Home to Me" by Sam Cooke

Movies:
- Baby Mama
- American Graffiti

Books:
- "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris
- "As I Lay Dying" by William Faulkner
- "The Book of Mormon" trans. Joseph Smith
- "Winesburg, Ohio" Sherwood Anderson

People:
- Devin
- Laura
- You
- Ted Leo

Things:
- Grape Nuts
- "Scene It" on Xbox 360
- Water
- NPR
- Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal (the best webcomic in the world)

Check out at least one of these things as they have all made me joyous as of late.

Devin

1 comment:

angiedunn said...

Thanks for teaching me how to be cool Devin. I think maybe I forgot how, 'specially in the music department. But, I kinda like the Shins. But, I kinda like Hillary Duff too...so what do I know? (: