Wednesday, June 6, 2007

mom and daniel

I'm sure you can all imagine the reunion going on right now and quite frankly I think my family feels left out! haha. but I just have to let you know some new things that have happened that I know my mom would be grateful for.

My mom was buried nine months to do the day ( even on a tuesday) that daniel passed away.
She was buried at the gloaming of the evening when he passed away.
At Emery cemetery there was a beautiful sunset and sky with pink and orange that she would have loved.
The weather was great! A little windy and nice and cool so no one was uncomfortable.
The sweet florist Amy Jones that helped us with the splay had the fabulous idea to get flowers and greenery from mom's backyard so it looked amazing and was a part of her.
The florist also helped us with one of my mom's wishes (i feel silly writing that) but anyway we didn't get to giver her a wreath of gardenias around her neck like she always wanted... but she did have a bouquet of gardenias in her wedding ring hand which was perfect .

Overall yesterday was very good and I know she was there with daniel and very pleased with it. Its just too bad she won't be able to speak saturday because we all know she would do a much better job!

4 comments:

MeL said...

Can I mention how amazing I think you are? So sweet, so thoughtful, so caring, so pleasing, so optimistic, so so so amazing.

HooHoo said...

Thank you for your sweet commentary and remembrances yesterday and today. The spray of flowers were so 100% Sandra personal and beautiful. I loved how fragrant the gardenias were. I am confident that your mom and Daniel were very pleased. I also loved "Carry On!" and "I Often Go Walking" by Eden - priceless memories. You are so good!

angiedunn said...

laura, you and your sisters amaze me with your attitude, testimonies, and strength. way to be just like your mom = positive, happy, beautiful, strong, wise & adorable. you'll do great tomorrow. love ya.

angiedunn said...

AMAZING IDEA!!! I am all about a blog-stalkers book club! I can just imagine it now...we take turns pickin' the reads! And then post about them!! YOU ARE A GENIUS!! Nothing better than a book club with other Blog/Edward adoring individuals!! K, now that I've wasted an entire naptime {shame} on the comp, better go!!