Wednesday, April 9, 2008

tide me over till the summer comes

life is a teensy bit stressful here at the fletcher house trying to finish up the semester. laura and 18 credits don't agree well. who knew. but despite lots and lots of homework and this being the only thing i feel like i ever look at...

the end of the semester is drawing near and I quite frankly am extatic. End of the semester means spending lots of time with my sisters, swimming 24/7, no homework, only one more year until I graduate and seeing devin more than an hour every night. I'm stoked.

But until then, here are the things that are tiding me over.

***I have made my bed for like a week straight. No making fun this is kind of a huge accomplishment for me.
*** I started making these smoothies every day that I'm kinda obsessed with. It makes me feel healthy. Even though it isn't. It's nothing special, just the frozen berry blend from sam's club, strawberries, orange juice

and my special ingredient

snow cone syrup.

***Going out on the weekend's with Devin. Two weekends ago we went to Texas Roadhouse for a much needed break and to get in one more steak before Devin became vegetarian again (don't forget he also hasn't eaten sugar since like the middle of December). He definitely has more will power then I will ever have.

Seriously I think he just wants me to give up cooking for him. I'm one of those "I like animals, they taste good" people and so giving up meat is not gonna happen on my end. I'm pretty sure soon I will be like this

And devin will look like this.



*** Devin's new attitude towards cleaning.


For like the last year or so Devin's been really good about doing the dishes and trying to help when he's not working or at school but lately he's been amazing. He cleans up after himself, does his laundry and more. It's kind of amazing. I think I'm getting too spoiled. Either that or he's trying to butter me up for some reason.

*** Sweet peas are in bloom.


I really really really love sweet peas. They just make everything better and they smell so good. I wanted to use them for the bouquets on my tables at my wedding reception but my mom's all died like the week before. Stupid Arizona heat. But luckily they were in bloom when I did my bridal shoot so I could use them for my bouquet in those pictures.


(p.s. what happened to that girl? oh ya, see adding snow cone syrup to my fruit smoothies above)

I tried to grow them this year and miserably failed. I was kind of obsessed with them and watched them grow. I counted each of the stems and was really excited for them to grow tall up my rail in front of my house. But they didn't get enough sun and to my huge disappointment, they all died.

Despite my disastrous attempts, Emily has done a great job with the sweet peas at my mom's house. Probably because she gives them a whole package of miracle grow like once a week.
They are hot and give me lots and lots of enjoyment.

*** Arizona wild flowers are in bloom.



A few of my laurels and I went hiking at the wind caves two weekends ago to get ready for havasupai (p.s. my ward isn't going anymore because they couldn't get reservations).

I almost died of exhaustion on the way up because I'm out of shape but overall it was pretty fun and suprisingly pretty for Arizona because of all the california poppies and other flowers that were in bloom.


***Easter



Easter was really fun. Devin spoke in our ward on the atonement and both of our families came to see him speak. It was really great having all of them in our ward to sit by me so I wasn't lonely. Then for dinner we had the tasty cupcakes seen above (made for my family by one of my friends from the ward) and a really tasty dinner of ham, red potatoes and asparagus for dinner made by emily and amanda. It was tasty.

***House Projects


Recently Annie and I painted the shelves for the wall unit in my family room. Not that big of a deal but I love the feeling of accomplishment of having another thing done that I can stop worrying about. Apparently Annie didn't find it as rewarding.




Last but not least
*** Annie's birthday party of the century.


The invitations

The location




The pizza


The not so hired help


The girls



The cake (of sorts)


Annie doesn't like cake only brownies. This time brownie cupcakes with Reece's peanut butter cups inside


The trick candles




Last one...


The presents


The happy birthday girl





10 comments:

goldfixe said...

Hey Flethchers! Thanks for finally updating your blog. I finally got my fix of Fletcher wit.

Favor to ask: Can you send me Devin's email address? Mine is goldfixe@gmail.com. You're the bomb-dot-com!

amanda p. said...

longest post ever! were you going for an award? I love all the happenings at the fletcher/Jones house :) way to throw annie the party of the century and making invitations that were really hot ( I was really jealous of them)

waoeifjaweo;fidlsfksn;lksndlfask said...

need i say again that i love devin and laura? i miss you guys a lot. i hope we can hang out when i get home. i'm excited for swimming. and i can't believe it's swimming time already.

let's please hang out a lot this summer. you can teach me in the ways of scrabble and the ukulele and scrapbooking. you guys are way good at those things. oh and gardening

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Hello, the first picture is supposed to be of the desk with a huge glass of milk. Get it right. p.s. I want the snow cone machine back, devil.

angiedunn said...

okay, this was an amazing post. cutest lamp on your desk. and i drooled over those cute cupcake invites...i saw holly's...and snowcone syrup...genius!

here's to relaxing summer months, girl!

JoDee said...

Wow - you have been BUSY!! It makes me not miss the college days - I rather like having a fairly open day and night. Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of things to get done, but nothing that I get an "F" written down on a paper in red if I don't do.
P.S. Love your desk lamp and your bed & pics.

CF Is Not Forever said...

Very cool party for Annie! If I ever walked into my bedroom to find a bedset of that stature or pretty pictures on the wall I would be like "OK who extreme home makeovered me?"

Grandma Sue said...

Laura,

You are a very busy girl. I wish I had your energy! The birthday party looked like great fun. You sisters are such good friends as well and are taking great care of each other. Love keeping up on what is happening in your lives.

Love Aunt Sue

Grandma Sue said...

Laura,

You are a very busy girl. I wish I had your energy! The birthday party looked like great fun. You sisters are such good friends as well and are taking great care of each other. Love keeping up on what is happening in your lives.

Love Aunt Sue

Todd and Andrea said...

snowcone syrup in your smoothies? seriously? come to my house. i will make you a tasty, healthy smoothie that won't put you into a diabetic coma.

also, i love your wedding dress.
also, you are the perfect sister. annie is very blessed.
also, way to go devin, for not eating sugar ... and now meat. i haven't eaten meat since 1995. beware, you might get a little wierd like me, but it's worth it.
also, good luck on your finals. study hard.