Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Disneyland!

Disneyland Dance


Friday at the early hour of four a.m we left for the land o' happiness. Yes that's right Disneyland.
It's been like a year and a half since we've been (an eternity) and so we were all Jonesin' for a visit. We took the Kia known also as the smallest backseat ever and stuck the skinniest ones in the back. My dad has been a dear lately constantly reminding me how he is skinnier then me so to return the favor, we put the skinniest of the crew in the back. It made me feel better about my weight for about fifteen seconds. Bubs looks really happy about the seating arrangements, I believe this picture was taken right after my dad she had wide hips. The nerve of the guy.


When we got to the land we had to take the signature picture by the California letters. We were meeting the guy who was getting us in at the C so we had a opted for a family pic. You know the standard "we don't have someone to take our picture so we'll take two and have someone missing in each of them".

It'll become apparent pretty early on in these pictures that my dad's goal was to make the creepiest face possible in all of the pictures. See also the two above and all to follow.

Except for this one...okay bad example. The ride lines weren't too bad especially when we accidentally cut half of the line for Pirates of the Caribbean when we took this picture. Does it bother anyone else that you pronounce Pirates of the Caribbean differently then the Caribbean Islands or am I the only crazy one? I can't figure out how that one got started.

Later my dad continued making creepy faces.




Devin got to feel like a pediphile because Annie insisted on sitting next to me the majority of the time. That meant with five people that I sat next to Annie. Devin and Julia sat next to each other and the Reidster sat alone.

But they managed to take great actions shots while riding the rides.


After Splash Mountain Annie took her turn at the Creepy face game.

We are all kinda very soaked. My dad loves to start the splashing game on rides even though he is a cat when it comes to water and HATES getting the slightest bit wet. Well we kinda soaked him.


I got my fair share as well as Annie.


Here Annie is taking the advice of the Pirate on Pirates of the Carribean and "showing us her larbor side"

We had to get our Splash Mountain picture because we all are making such awesome faces. I love Annie's best. You might also enjoy or adopted son Carl's face in the back of the log.


After getting so so wet we went to the car to put on dry and warm clothes. We finished off the night with the Matterhorn and tomorrow land. While waiting in line we took more pictures with each other. I love night time pictures at disneyland. We have some of our best pictures of Annie, Daniel and Julia at disneyland. For some reason they just seem to like each more there for some reason.


While in the line for autotopia Annie sat on the ground about every four steps.

And while driving the cars she kinda let of the gas a lot making Julia run into us a lot. We told her it was all her bad driving skills because I swear at fifteen you take autotopia seriously and figure that if only you can drive well on that ride you will be an awesome driver and pass your license test with flying colors...or at least thats what I thought.


By the end of the night I only needed one last thing to make me happy. Sleep for one thing which I wouldn't be gettting before driving five hours home and two churros...one for each hand.

Oh and of course...for all of you who know my dad too well yes he did get pulled over about at country club on the 60 when we were five miles from home but no he didn't get a ticket.
It's just not a family vacation unless my dad gets pulled over.

9 comments:

mollie said...

Laura! I'm glad you found my blog so that I could find yours! I'm convinced now that I really need to go to Disneyland and eat a churro. I haven't been for so long and I don't think my husband has ever been. Embarrassing I know. Anyhoo, I would totally recommend going to Europe when you get a chance. We had the same reasoning you did--go before you get bogged down with school. Since we went in March, we were able to do the entire trip, including planes, trains, hostels/hotels, souvenirs, and food for about $5000 for the both of us. But granted, we also happened to be there the very week the dollar plummeted and was the weakest its ever been. So you might be able to do it for cheaper. I can give you more details if you want, but this post is getting a tad long, so I'll end it here. Good luck!

waoeifjaweo;fidlsfksn;lksndlfask said...

i love you. i love disneyland.

MeL said...

Okay, so yesterday my internet was being not awesome and wouldn't show me pictures. Don't worry though because I read your entire post without seeing a single one of the photos and thought it was hilarious. Needless to say, as soon as I got home today, (and ate of course) here I am because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I seriously laughed out loud at your dad's seriously creepy face with Julia, and the fact that you referred to him as a cat when it comes to getting wet, and that Annie sat down every four feet, and that Julia thought she was a pro on Autopia, and that Devie seemed like a pedifile...it was all very very delightful, especially when I got to see the glorious photography that accompanied it.

Also, you are the only one that commented back about 4:20 on my post and that made me laugh too.

Basically this can be summed up as, YOU ARE VERY VERY FUNNY.

amanda p. said...

so maybe my lack of commenting on this post may be due to the extreme jealous feelings I'm harboring because you went to disneyland and we didn't get to go! I'm glad you didn't die on the way home, because I was kinda worried that you might. Looks like you guys had such a good time though :)

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Okay, I love Annie showing her "larbor" (sp?) side and have thought about it like a million times since then.p.s. You+me+your husband= Baby Mama for FHE tonight???

Grandma Sue said...

What a fun trip. You all looked liked you were having a great time.

Love you all.

Aunt Sue

JoDee said...

Looks so so fun Laura! Maybe we'll venture that way soon...

Alisse Baldwin said...

SO FREAKIN' JEALOUS RIGHT NOW!

I'm still laughing about Annie taking her turn at the creepy face game.

We're having a lil' party for She's Got it All at my Mamasita's this weekend if you & your sissies want to come! It's kind of like, rockstars only, so you know you're all invited! Just kidding, it's for everyone... but you especially! My Mom loves you and wants to play! :)

CF Is Not Forever said...

What a fun trip! Glad you guys got to go!