Monday, April 7, 2008

Tag, I'm gay.

Hi there, Devin here.

So I am on my lunch at work and terribly bored. I want to state for the record that I feel extremely foolish doing this, but I am bored and Laura never updates her blarg. So here is a post to tide you over until she iscaught up with school work.

Ten Years Ago: I was in eighth grade, living in the Bay Area, furious that I was going to have to move to AZ. Not being a player, but crushing a lot. Listening to Third Eye Blind and Reel Big Fish and Sublime. I had the "Butt Cut" a.k.a. hair parted down the middle like a poor man's Backstreet Boy. I was on the cross country team. My favorite shows were The Simpsons, David Letterman, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (shame), and Road Rules (double shame...) I was just getting over a two-week bout with poison oak.

Five things on my to do list:
1. File my taxes.
2. French Homework
3. Apply for ASU
4. Not be such a fatty.
5. Laura

I enjoy: Going on walks with Laura, Playing guitar and ukulele, reading books, watching youtube videos, watching crappy church videos (e.g. Uncle Ben, Nephi and the Brass Plates, and Cipher [sp?] in the Snow {which is comic genius by the way.}), Lusting over guitars, hanging with the kids, seeing the fams.

Two bad habits:
1. Procrastination, I have turned in two major papers two weeks late this semester.
2. Letting my toenails get disgustingly long. Gross.

Five things you may not know about me:

1. Cutting with scissors, playing guitar, using a mouse, and playing mini golf are the only things I do right-handed. Other than that I am a southpaw.
2. When I was in elementary school I drank water out of a puddle and ate goldfish crackers off the ground
3. For as much as I am a music snob, I secretly love Marcy Playground
4. I can and will beat you at scrabble.
5. I used to be obsessed with Ren Stevens from "Even Stevens". Not when I was 15 or anything. We are talking 19 years old.


Five jobs I've had:
1. An under-the-table gig working at a box warehouse for two weeks when I was fifteen
2. Whole Foods Market- bag boy/cart schlepper
3. Missionary in Orlando (I know it's not a paying gig)
4. Adoptionshop.com - Purchasing Director
5. University of Phoenix - Financial Counselor/Stress Haver

Devin.


P.S. as Laura includes pictures in all of her posts, I thought I would include this motivational poster I created.



4 comments:

Todd and Andrea said...

two comments:
1. the toenail thing made me kind of throw up. when you come to my house, remember we don't allow shoes, so either cut the nails, or wear socks. ok?

2. game on. I CAN and definitely WILL beat you at scrabble. words are kind of my thing. name the place and date. and bring your money, honey.

thegreatestshowonearth said...

sickest picture ever!!! but I was dying of laughter and showed everyone else in the room.

waoeifjaweo;fidlsfksn;lksndlfask said...

hey sexy mama, wanna destroy all humans?

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

I'll be Amanda. You saying that Laura is on your "to do" list is vulgar.