Monday, October 1, 2007


us smelling "the pretty"
sorry mom bad representation of your hair

so my mom used to say that even when she was in her grave i would come over and tap on the coffin and be like umm...mom just one more thing because she kind of made my life possible due to all of the help she gave me. needless to say i kind of resented her comment and wish she didn't view me that way but dang it all the time i think mom, i need just one more thing. examples include but are not limited too:
1. wishing all us girls could go to the relief society broadcast and then out to dinner like we used to.
2. being in the grocery store not knowing where to find random things i.e. today when i had no idea where condensed milk would be found so I called amanda and oftentimes she solves my problem but sometimes (like today) we are both clueless and wished we could call mom.
3. needing help knowing how much food to get for a ward party, i just got put in charge of our ward halloween party and that was her specialty. she would have known how much food i would need and where to get everything.
4. needing gardening advice. somehow my dad didn't pick that up from her she just always did it so he doesn't know.
5. needing my friend who i laid on the bed with and talked to about EVERYTHING.

so mom,
just a couple thousand more things...

8 comments:

granny said...

Ah, this just made me teary, but if it is any comfort, I have the same problem. Many a time I have wished I could ask her a few more questions. Or a few thousand. BTW, the condensed milk used to be on the baking isle, but since the big re-arrange at Fry's a while back, I'm not sure. This is such a tender post. Thanks for sharing.

Holl Doll said...

what granny said.

Todd and Andrea said...

Laura,
Remember I told you that you would miss your mom at the most random times??? I still need to ask my mom questions all the time, like, how do you deal with grown up daughters who think they know everything ?? And I want so badly to just have my mom aka my best friend to laugh with and talk, talk, talk with. Moms just know everything, huh? Your blog made me cry. Moms are the best.

hilary and morgan said...

you can come to my house when you need condensed milk. k?

Cam and Mele said...

I'm sorry I don't even know what to say. I'm sure nobody CAN say the right thing, because I'm sure a part of your heart has been taken away and won't ever be filled again. And I barely know what condensed milk is, I even had to look at how your granny spelled it...so I'm useless.

angiedunn said...

smelling "the pretty"...love that.

i hafta admit, this post made me teary too...like granny, like angie.

love you. LOVE your garden o' patio. Adorable. My treat for getting my scrapbook work done this week=planting some pots. Can't wait! You have inspired me!

Oh, and b&white polka wrapping paper o' erics package is from ikea...$1.99. Go get some. {if you want}

Kirk and Aly said...

I miss your mom too! You can come with us to the Pueblo stake broadcast next time if you would like. We always have to stay for the dinner afterwards where they have some kind of bar. (No, not to get drunk, but potato, or salad, or taco) Then we all get hardcore gas afterwards. Yuck! Maybe, instead, next time we should ditch Pueblo stake bar and all go out somewhere yummy afterwards.

HooHoo said...

Tears and amen to everybody. Your mom = a wealth of knowledge and wisdom. Ward party food for how many? I can help on that one. Love you, Aunt E