Saturday, October 6, 2007

Timing is perfect as usual


I think Heavenly Father really wants me to know that his timing is impeccable and that somehow he's always looking out for me and has the best answers to suit my needs and others at the same time. I think it would take me four pages to write out the myriad of times in my life where I can see just how
perfect
the Lord's timing was including how/when Devin and I met and got married...


but apparently I don't recognize this enough in my life and so I got another one thrown at me last night and I am so grateful for it.


I met this friend of mine a couple of months ago when I was called as her visiting teacher. We had a lot of similarities and so we hit it off and always had so much fun when we were together. Needless to say it was really easy to get my VT done when I saw her because we always had a good time hangin' with her kids etc.

Anyways she moved out of the ward so I wasn't her VT anymore but we tried to stay in touch.

Recently she just moved close by me again and so we ran into each other. She told me that she was having her son tested because he hadn't started talking yet.

We went a while with out seeing each other again and randomly on Thursday I had the thought while in class that I needed to give her a call.


Well I put it in my brain on my list of things to do and she beat me to the punch and called me last night. I went over and talked to her and she told me her son was diagnosed with autism and she wanted to know if I would be his respite and habilitation provider.

OF COURSE I WILL!

I was so excited. For a while now I've been wanting to take on another client but I'm with Annie most of the time that she isn't at school so it didn't make much sense to get another client unless it was a younger child and I could work with them during the day when Annie was at school. So working with this family is PERFECT! Her son is two and just diagnosed so this mom is having to go through all the beginning steps and paperwork that comes with state service like occupational therapy, speech therapy etc. I also really want to do early intervention when I get older and advocacy and so this AMAZING mom is letting me help her while this child is still young so it is going to be the most amazing learning experience ever!


When Annie was younger getting all of her early intervention done, I was between like ages 8-10 so I hardly remember what we did for her. So this is my great opportunity to learn as much as I can about the parent's side of early intervention. I am so excited! This mom said I can come to all of the meetings with her and help take notes for her so she understands and so that I can learn.

Just goes to show that Heavenly Father knows EXACTLY what both of us needed and just how to help us both in the situations we are in.

7 comments:

granny said...

awesome.com Laura. You will do a great job.

granny said...

Oh, about the seeds/pony packs issue. I've been trying to remember what your mom usually had out there this time of year. Isn't this when she planted her sweet peas? Then they got gorgeous later...But I'm thinking they were like in a row on the edge and she put a few pony pack things in to be pretty while the peas were growing. Actually, though, I think she put allysum seed in too. She had such a lovely randomish garden out there all the time. Anyways, if you are going to do both, I would think I'd put the pony pack stuff in first, avoiding the spots where you want to plant seeds. Then put the seeds in. That way you don't disturb the seeds when you dig for the plants. I used to plant everything by seed in Utah in April in hotbeds, then transplant literally hundreds of everything in May, have beautiful yard all summer then put it to bed in October, rest,drool over the seed catalogs in Jan-March, start again in April. I'm still learning how/when to do things in AZ (you would think I would have it down after 17 years.) A little trickier and less resting, but oh, so rewarding when something works. And, just for the record, I love AZ in the winter...who knew you could have flowers in January???? I'm really not so good at it yet. So take any comments I make with a grain of salt. You probably know more than I do!

amanda p. said...

um I love how the picture of the clock is the perfect colors... black and orange. Way to match your blog :)

amanda p. said...

ps. who's hillary & morgan? their blog is possibly one of the funniest I have seen in a good long time! they are wonderful!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Isn't it crazy how things work out sometimes?

On another not-so-tender note, yeah- who ARE Hilary and Morgan? I just checked them out and they're 2 Die 4. And apparently I'm signing your 6th grade yearbook.

The Fletchies said...

haha alisse...you are also hilarious and thanks amanda about the blog matching. i try...well not really it came up in google image search as number 3 or something...pretty easy.

Anyways Morgan was one of my young women's who recently graduated. I'm still in denial that she's not in my class anymore because she is hilarious and always made the class fun but was good at commenting as well so I wasn't left hanging after I asked a question. I love her family and her.

Todd and Andrea said...

So my daughters have a FAN CLUB, huh? Special.

I'm so happy for your new opportunity. I am eternally grateful for the influence you had on my daughter, so I know your friend is in for a great experience with you helping her son.

You have the magic, because you have the spirit.