Sunday, October 21, 2007

I feel loved

So I guess I'll end my year long hiatus of no blogging and repost. I apologize.

In other news...


Monday October 15th (yes I do realize this post is two weeks late. i've been busy.) I got an amazing surprise.

Set the scene: My morning classes were canceled because it was fall break and we meet an an elementary school. Therefore I was at my mom's house per usual in the morning helping Annie get ready. Bub's on the other hand was in tears at the computer desk because she lost her typed up 150 literary term definitions overnight that she stayed up until 2am writing. So being the good (not having to go to school) sister I am. I sat and started typing.

Event: I get a phone call. From one Vicki Sherwood (one of my favorite people on the planet who is always willing to give me a break from boredom when I am vista and talks to me for an hour. talks such as these always lead me to wanting to be a better person. amazing lady period.) She asks me if I will be at my mom's house for a while. I will in fact be there for another hour or so. Not thirty minutes later Vicki Sherwood, Stephanie Romney, and Peg Moffat show up on my door step with a delectable surprise (like them coming to see me wasn't enough).

They surprise me with this...


They then related their painstaking story of getting me the plate holder. Apparently after seeing my blog they decided they would try and find me the plate holder. The last day of their recent trip to California they went to a mercedes dealership. They went to the parts department and it was closed, so they braved the dealer's lot just so they could get it for me! The vulture salesman gathered but they were determined and managed to get out of their with just the plate holder and no new mercedes.

It looks so cute on my car. I'm a little bit obsessed with it and point it out to everyone.

I think they deserve more then ten points don't ya think?

Now Devin and I's cars are in heart because they say fletcher jones.

They sleep together...
They get their morning fill up together...

They are in heart as I am in heart with my license plate holders. Thanks so much girls! Aren't they so cute and thoughtful? You really made my morning and many other of my mornings when I walk out to my car and see the Fletcher Jones. Devin might be just a little sick of me say, "Hey devin look, it says fletcher jones on my car like me!" But he'll get over it.


You girls are amazing! Thanks for making me feel so loved!

11 comments:

•stephanie• said...

how nice! julie p. is the *really* brave one who had to hold hands and nearly skip into the dealership with a salesman named donn {yes, with 2 "n"s} to snag these for you. she rocks! {so do you}

Todd and Andrea said...

Not only does your plate holder say "Fletcher Jones", but it also says "Newport Beach". Next to Maui, that's pretty much my favorite place to visit. So you pretty much have the best plate holder in AZ. Congrats. And congrats on having such amazing, dedicated, loyal, and brave friends.

MeL said...

Ten thousand points to anyone who can find a Lindblom Jones plate.


Waah. I know that they don't really exist.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Okay, did you seriously go get gas together just so you could take this picture? I think so.

The Fletchies said...

no. but when we were doing it i thought...hmmm blogging opportunity.

The Fletchies said...

getting gas that is.

The Fletchies said...

as in fuel...petroleum.

Todd and Andrea said...

i'm sure.

amanda p. said...

comment#5 #6# #7 TMI and a little awkward! ewwww

Alisse Baldwin said...

Holy cute. I am kind of OBSESSED with Vicki, too!

Sara! said...

5, 6 and 7 are the greatest. Lucky you, I don't want anything with palmer on it because the name just makes you want to sing "here comes the ox cart."