Friday, October 12, 2007

elder henry b. eyring


things we learned from and about elder eyring at the institute dedication

  1. his grandparents were ranchers in Pima, AZ
  2. grandpa taught him he didn't have to believe anything that wasn't true
  3. taught that the holy ghost will lead us to truth if we just try to live a good life and retain the spirit
  4. his grandparents were so poor that his dad joined the ROTC in college (at U of A) because the uniform was free and he didn't have enough money to buy clothes.
  5. his dad blended science and religion by simply searching for truth in everything.
  6. we should pursue truth with vigor and at the same time be a child of God to receive blessings
  7. institute is a place where people come and the holy ghost is present. it changes lives. it add another dimension to our lives.
  8. we have divinity within us. we need to cultivated it through our learning. we need to study the word of God as we study at our universities.
  9. we need to make time to meditate and ponder on the questions man has asked since the beginning of time

7 comments:

angiedunn said...

me likey #8 & #9 especsh.

thanks laura! (:

Todd and Andrea said...

Elder Eyring is kind of my favorite b/c his brother was my bishop when I was a little girl, and b/c I didn't have a dad with the priesthood, Bishop Eyring confirmed me after I was baptized. He was just as smart, and tender as his brother. So anything Elder Eyring says is pretty much on my team by default.

auburn and chris said...

I promise I am not a stalker... I just REALLY LOVE your hair in the later posts! Props on the Locks, girl!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Ok, have you put your surprise from my Momma on your car yet? Or framed it?! :> She was so excited to get one for you and more excited to give it to you!

amanda p. said...

wait.. institute changes lives like you find your soulmate there?
adds dimension to our lives like the dimension you added is 6' sandy blonde hair and ruggedly attractive?
maybe everyone should go to institute then huh?!

granny said...

Whadayamean, we SHOULD be friends? I thought we were! :) The pumpkin is from Michaels, btw. I am glad you like it...it makes me feel like I scored when the cute decoration queen likes my stuff.

granny said...

P.S. I can't wait to see the dresses!