Thursday, October 2, 2008

Voting Sucks

Laura: I didn't vote in the last election
Devin: I forgive you.

So I needed to register to vote since my address changed. While I was registering it asked me what my political party was. What kind of a question is that? I dunno the answer to that. "I'm Mormon so I'm republican" doesn't fly with me but then again I don't want to go all "crazy Devin-liberal wants to disarm our army and give them bubble blowing guns instead of real ones apparently we're going to soap them to death." But then again I'm not all "on the third day God invented the Remington bolt action rifle so men could kill the dinosaurs and the homosexuals." Therefore I did what any reasonable person would do given this predicament. I took an online quiz.
Perfect solution.

On the quiz, this was one of the questions:

You find out that the government is tapping your phone line. What do you think?

a. With the proper checks and balances the government can keep us safe and protect our liberties.

b. Hey, the world is a different place after 9/11. If these measures mean keeping me and my family safe, I'm all for it.

c. If the government starts getting this involved, what's to stop them from monitoring our bedrooms, what we eat, etc; where does it end?

d. These security measures are all about protecting our foreign investements. We need to be focused on improving our domestic social programs.


I chose C because I had just come home from watching Eagle Eye. Shia LeBeouf fought against evil government computers tapping our phones and taking over America so I will too. Who needs debate and reason when crappy movies can make my decisions for me?

Concerned Blog Reader: So why did you become a liberatarian?
Laura: Two words. Stanley Yelnats





8 comments:

Lindsey said...

I totally agree. I have no clue about anything political and I don't care... Unless it's in a movie with Amanda Bynes.

The Morris Life said...

girl, if i was not so obbessed with politics and did not get my political info from the news. than i would without a doubt choose my political views based on the young and atractive hollywood today. so do not be ashamed. shea is a very reliable political soruce.

goldfixe said...

Awsome...I'm totally stealing that "on the third day..." line. Political party affiliation, to me anyways, means nothing. You're going to choose whoever you think is going to do the best job and fits best with your beliefs. So...yeah, whatever.

hilary and morgan said...

shia for president!

MeL said...

Lol, you make me laugh. I think that you quoted like three of the greatest movies of all times here! And who would have guessed that Stanley Yelnats would turn into such an attractive little devil?

Erica said...

Shia can dig my hole any day.

I'm sorry I make your blog rated R.

Anonymous said...

dear laura-
your amazing, thanks for saving my life and letting me watch EHS on your couch. i owe you a bag of candy (+ more) and will get it to you someday. promise.
your the best.


love-
kate lines.

Todd and Andrea said...

yeah i vote for shia, too. only he likes to drink and smoke pot. so maybe i need to vote for a real candidate. i nominate you.