Saturday, September 6, 2008

Krispy Kreme Debacle.

Okay so if any of you read this hilarious post....it will help you understand my story better.


So today at swim practice we worked on starts in the deep end. Annie has lately been like the queen of belly flops and its been hurting her poor little legs so I decided it was time to crack down and get her to stop flopin and start diving in a little deeper. We practiced a ton in the deep end and she was having a hard time trusting me by tucking her chin and diving deep she wasn't going to crack her head open. So being the good sister that I am I bribed her with Krispy Kreme. If she could get her start down we would go get donuts.

She did a fantastic job after that (I highly recommend bribery) and so we headed off to the donut shop after swim practice. As we pulled up to the drive-thru I thought of Sara's recent post and how wouldnt that be so funny if my debit card got declined...okay not really funny, that would be sad but amusing since it just happened to her since someone stole all her money unlike mine where it would have been like your account is already -$45 you silly girl who has no money.

Anyways so I get to the window to pay only to realize that all I have with me is my swim bag meaning no purse and no wallet this no money. Crap. After feeling like an idiot I asked them to hold on to them while I drove home to get my wallet.

Lesson learned: Don't think that other people blogs will come true in your life or else they will.


Post Script- Sorry about my stories on this blog, they kind of have a well developed beginnning a shaky middle and a lack of an ending. I think devin rubbed off on me. So sorry that my stories have no end. The end.

10 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

love your stories. I believe in not laughing at other peoples misfortunes because they will come to you.

Glad that Annie is learning new diving skills. Love to have you guy come and spend some time with us again.

love ya
Aunt Sue

HooHoo said...

It's not bribery. It's blessings. So proud that Annie is diving deep. Flops hurt.

And I am sorry for your misfortune. Did you get hot and flushed when you came to the realization? I'm proud that you paid the price, instead of trying to weazle your way out of it. But then maybe Annie hadn't taken a huge bite out of one and you told her to spit it out. They may have recognized the scam had you done that.

Unknown said...

we seriously enjoyed those donuts at sbe!!! thank you thank you!

p.s. i heart bribery.

Anonymous said...

ugh. i've done this too many times. i always just secretly hope they'll be nice and just give it to me. i guess thats not how it works anymore.

hilary and morgan said...

so, did you actually drive back to Krispy Kreme? i think i would have been too emabarrased to ask them to hole a few donuts for me. either you are a very good sister who follows through on promises to annie, or else you are very ethical and honest. maybe both.

p.s. diving is hard. tell annie to keep it up. hey, maybe you should show her some video clips of MICHAEL PHELP's starts from the olympics! i'm funny, huh? because remember you don't like michael, and i do??????

hilary and morgan said...

i meant HOLD donuts - not HOLE donuts. but that was funny, too. get it ... donuts have holes. i'm funny, huh?

hilary and morgan said...

p.s those last two comments were from andrea. for some reason when i sign on to blog, it goes directcly to h and m's blog name. sorry. i will leave you alone now.

Holly said...

I love Krispy Kreme.. To add to the wonderful list of stories about the heavenly wonders.. i was at a friends house the other day and her parents asked us all.. would you like krispy kreme or little ceasers? of course the vote went half and half.. so they got both. and we might have eaten the lot.

amanda p. said...

POST A NEW POST ALREADY!!!!! SERIOUSLY! I PROMISE EVERY TIME I SEE THAT KRISPY KREME SIGN I GAIN A POUND!

The Morris Life said...

i myself use to use krispy kreme as a bribe for my step brother, for every week he did not end up in the pirncipals office we went and got a free doughnut (this was back in the day when they were legit enough to do that) so i know the doughnut bribe trick all to well