Monday, June 2, 2008

Forgive me Angie for I have sinned.

So I've decided to get back on the bandwagon with these fun girls.

Let's just say it got rainy and I kinda slipped off the wagon.
Well actually it was kinda a little bit before that...maybe lets say day two?
Or maybe I never really got on.

But never mind that. A week or two ago a little rain called for some major slippage in the direction of Superstition Boulevard if you catch my drift.


My ambrosia has returned.


Can anyone else hear the hallelujah chorus when they see this lovely sight? or is that just me?

Seriously we've got problems when there is a panda express and a krispy kreme within five miles of my house. If my mom taught me anything it was how to appreciate a good box of donuts.
Here I am about to go into a diabetic coma.

Emily wants to eat it in one huge bite.

Annie already had the glass of milk ready and waiting. Smart girl. Her comment on the way home from the store was "MMMMMMMM(drooling) DONUTS..." Said in a homer-esque voice. She's my favorite.

And us Jones girls know how to eat them in a goodly amount of time.
Our lovely box of donuts didn't even make it to the house before we had each had one.
We left around 5:40 PM and got home around 6:00 PM. Thisincluded going to krispy kreme coming back and taking a donut to Julia when she was at vista. Don't you worry she did a heel click on the way back into Vista Cleaners.

By 6:10 The box was empty.


Needless to say I have indulged. Angie I hope you'll forgive me but I promise I am on with ya'll for the next five weeks or whatever is left. I'm in like Flynn. I should be okay as long as Disneyland doesn't set up camp in Mesa and start giving away free churros. Then I would have a major problem.



But so far this week I've been doing great. My friend even brought over a box of Krispy Kreme claiming they are healthy and I haven't given in. That little temptress.






***More posts to come on Miss Annie and I's recent adventures at girls camp and all of the recitals she's had lately. Here are the decorations I made for camp.

We were very green to say the least.***

6 comments:

granny said...

Not only were they very green, but they were cute in the extreme. You saved us, Laura dear. I need your home address...could you email it to me? claudia@ilovefreedom.com

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Great, now Krispy Kreme is going to want me to be their spokesperson. Because I can look somewhat attractive and have my zipper be breaking open. Brilliant.

Todd and Andrea said...

yeah, krispy kremes are ok, but next time i go to slc, i'm going to bring you back some REAL donuts. Dunford Chocolate Donuts to be specific. I grew up on them, and there is no better donut on the planet. these donuts actually have healing properties to them. they can make any ailment leave you just by thinking about them. they cured my appendicitis when i was eight. just a minute, i have to wipe the drool off my keyboard.

p.s. morgan might just have a Dunford Chocolate Donut wedding cake.

goldfixe said...

Okay, so I was looking at some of you "fitness pals"...You know Liz Bryant? And is theat Angie Dixon (not Dixon anymore)?

Crazy!

Go, ThinLaura, Go!!

hilary and morgan said...

freaken a. why didn't you bring me one? i went in there the other night asking for a free one. and they said they don't do that any more.
also, i was barefoot.
maybe they don't give free doughnuts to barefoot white trash girls.
yeah.
that's it......they'll give me one when i have shoes on.....
i'm not in denial or anything..

Sara! said...

Last week I went to KK and went through the drivethru. Know how they greet you? "Welcome back to Krispy Kreme..." I said to Jason, "See, they missed us too!"