Monday, June 16, 2008

The Amazing Annie Jones

So Annie was really busy the last week in May and I never had time to blog about it so I just wanted to mention all of the things she's been doing.

First she had her recital with Higher Ground Studios where she is part of the Teen Jazz dance group.

I spent about four years trying to get her hair to poof for the rectial and then realized once we got to the recital that they meant a poof with the front part of your hair like your bangs part not overall poofy hair. I'm an idiot. But still she looked adorable with all her makeup on.

She did so great at the recital and posed perfectly before. She seriously loves to pose and thinks she's going to be america's next top model.


The next afternoon Annie had another recital with Higher Octave Music Therapy.
She sang "Gotta Go My Own Way" from High School Musical 2 and did a marvelous job.

That next Monday we were off to girls camp where I lovingly forced Annie to go on the third year hike. She was kind of really ticked at me for making her go. But she had a really good time and SHE MADE IT OUT ALIVE! She didn't even die once even though she told me over and over that "Come on, Laura! You're killing me!" and "I think I'm going to die!"

Hence her angry face.

That night she performed again in a dance group for the program.

Here she is freezing her booty off before going on stage. She's the one on the bottom left.
She did such an awesome job! She seriously kept me so busy with all of the things she was involved in!

It was FREEZING the first night at camp. That night she came and slept with me in the camping trailer and practically pushed me off my twin bed. But then we snuggled and tried to keep each other warm.


We had such a fun time at camp even during the more boring certifcation parts. Annie only told me once that she was sick of me (apparently I was getting too bossy) and the rest of the time she and I just had fun. During the skit for the ward she got to pretend to be Hannah Montana! It was pretty much her favorite part but it was too dark to get a picture. Sad face.


This is the "lake" at camp or marsh which is what it really was. It was about a foot deep. They were going to try and have the girls canoe until they realized they wouldn't go anywhere.



The girls we got to be with both young and the leaders were so awesome and we had such a good time with them. Thank you Sister Dixon for letting me go as a tent mom! I had a blast!

.

Annie you're a STAR!


10 comments:

goldfixe said...

Annie is a lot more entertaining that I am. That girl is amazing.

Oh, and Laura...twin beds and camping really don't belong together. But then, Girl's Camp was never really camping either, so...nevermind.

MeL said...

Annie is amazing! I absolutely LOVE the pictures of her dance recital, she is stunning in both of them, and girls camp looks like it was so much fun. And how is it possible that you both look super cute? I'm pretty sure that I looked like a corpse every single day of every single year I went to camp. Jealous. So yeah, you guys are attractive and are way too cool for school.

And fyi, you are right, my name is both my mom's and dad's. I was just trying to sound more like my dad's favorite so I only included his name. Is it sad that I still try desperately to be my parent's favorite?

Alisse Baldwin said...

Ummm... this is like my favorite post ever. I've never even met Annie and I love her. And I love that you love her most. And I was going to say that the the first, second, third, fourth, ... pictures were my favorite ones, which basically equalled all of them. I really like that she's a poser! And her singing a solo? Please call me to come watch/cry next time she does anything of the liking. It would be the highlight of my life.

granny said...

You are officially invited to come to camp every year! Thanks for being the most awesome tent mom/leader ever!

the Robinsons said...

hey! we're actually going to dinner tomorrow night at 5:30 at pei wei, kinda short notice but it would be great if you could make it! it's been way too long!

Todd and Andrea said...

can i have both you and annie as my new daughters????

Anonymous said...

who is that little poser!?
annie your such a hottie. you need to come visit me again.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Funny conversation I just remembered:
Emily: Devin, maybe you have fuzz in your eye, that is why it hurts?
Tina: Devin, you have the police in your eye???

•stephanie• said...

i agree. annie is amazing, but probably even more amazing because of you! what a perfect sister/example/mentor/friend you are to her.

p.s. i was watching the two of you at camp - in the approximately six hours i spent there, which was plenty.

CF Is Not Forever said...

Glad girls camp was a success! And way to go Annie for all your hard work on dance!