Sunday, May 20, 2007

Walking with sunflower heads

Annie pulling the wagon to go and see the horses and lambs on emilita



Devin and I took Annie, Delia and Eden for a walk this afternoon after a hearty birthday dinner at my mom's house.( Happy Birthday Julia!)We went to go see creepy bird the emu on emerald and the other horses named chocolate, brownie, shadow and baby horse delia, as deemed by eden. So off we went wagon in tow with the girls.Annie was amazing and pulled the wagon almost the whole time. We got to creepy bird and eden called over the horse and it came over (I was amazed) and so we fed it weeds. After a while of eden feeding the horse and delia (she has no fear of anything and I'm kind of nervous for her)

Devin and Delia making cute faces
feeding the horse while I watched making sure that they didn't get their hands bitten off creepy bird came over. It ate the leaves off of the weeds and I was quite intrigued as it made its neck into a u shape to get to the weeds eden was holding. Devin dutifully kept delia from getting pecked by creepy bird. Next we went to the horses down the street that have a new baby. We picked weeds to bring to them and saw Sara drive by. Too bad she didn't drive by when I was wearing the sunflower hat.

Eden and I when I'm wearing the sunflower hat
We fed those horses until the baby horse got bored with us and started scratching its rump on the chain link fence. It was a little too up close and personal. Eden wouldn't go home until we went to the other horses on emelita and the lambs. We went over there and didn't get to feed them becuase the owners just had. So then we went down to the sheep to see the baby lambs. They wouldn't come to us and we finally left as eden was screaming bloody murder over ants which were on her and actually kind of did get on her a lot like on her legs and dress. I don't know how she managed it but now amanda's going to think we are terrible walk-sitters when she has ant bites all over.On our way home I ran into Julie and Laura LeSueur and then amanda and lee came in there truck to pick us up to eat birthday cake. The end. That was kind of an abrupt ending but I don't have anything else to tell.

4 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Eden and Delia are SO cute! I had a Public Speaking class with Lee a couple semesters ago, and we were the only non-chronically-drunks in the class, so we would make fun of everyone else in the class. I loved seeing pictures of the girls!

The sunflower hat is awesome. You're awesome. That's awesome.

Kirk and Aly said...

Aren't you always amazed at how long kids can feed and look at even creepy animals? If Amanda and Lee fire you from walk-sitting, we'll hire you guys anytime! We don't care what happens to our kids - ant bites, being pecked by creepy birds, being eaten by emu's - it's all cool as long as we don't have to watch them. No, we really do love our kids, most of the time. What a fun aunt and uncle you guys are!

Sara! said...

I think I was lucky enough to drive by while Devin was wearing the flower hat, and it was precious. I'll seriously let you take my baby anytime too and he's a boy, so if he cries, just tell him to toughen up. You guys are nice.

amanda p. said...

Tina! I love your new blog color! Very classy and cute! way to post more pictures too! you two fletchies are just to cute to not show your attractive little noggins!