Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Remember me?



You may not... I am the giant loser who hasn't blogged in oh say six months?

Yeppers. That would be me.

Well I decided if I waited until I had something important to say I might never blog again so inspired by Emily, I decided just to tell you what I have been up to/random info about life lately at the fletcher casa.

1. I teach junior high students or walking/talking attitudes. I love most of my students but I'm not gonna lie there are a couple fighting for least favorite.

2. I decked out my class for Halloween and didn't take pictures. Sad face. But I lost my camera also impacting my blogging motivation.

3. Kia gave me a free GPS. I might have agreed to them sending it while on pain killers yet cognisant enough to know that if they tried to charge me later I could blame it on just having surgery and being on pain killers. It is awesome and I love it. I use it to go to Fry's approximately .2 miles away because it tells me where to go in a British accent. Her name is Bridget.

4. I was a giant box of OxiClean for Halloween. Devin was Billy Mays.
5. My new obsession in the land of TV is How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory. Very entertaining. I highly suggest them.

6. The best books I have read this year (read: only books) were The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. Read them. Emily told me to, which means they are good.

7. I am a writing teacher, yet my husband corrects my grammar and writing ALL of the TIME. See also as I type this blogpost.

8. I am realizing as I write this that I spend all of my time at school and have nothing to say that doesn't involve school. I= a workaholic. When you have to ask your principal what time the school alarm sets because you are afraid you might trip it when you leave at 10pm, you know you have a problem.

9. I have officially lost 30 pounds. I don't feel like it is very noticable because I am tall but hey progress is progress.

10. I forgot how to blog.

The end.

6 comments:

donkeybray said...

I, for one, am tickled to death to see you back, Laura. I thought maybe you'd been taken prisoner by your students. (apparently that possibility exists, jr. high kids being what they are). Anyway, you look cute as heck and congratulations on losing those lbs! PS: I watched channel 12's streaming ASU graduation hoping I'd spot you. Love, aunt dona.

granny said...

Nice to hear from you!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

What the? You blogged?? Weird. And you'll probably get like 12398450 comments.

Cluff Family said...

We are so glad to hear from you. Tell Devin that Paige LOVED your Halloween costumes, but especially his. She is a HUGE Billy Mays fan. She even said she wanted to have a Billy Mays birthday party this year and only get as seen on t.v. presents.

Lindsey said...

Welcome back.

Billy Mays and Oxiclean. Genius. Did Devin only speak to people as if they were deaf, senile geriatrics? Because that thought makes my year.

Brian, Lish, Lily, & Ruston said...

Hey, LOVE your costume! How the heck did you lose 30 pounds?? I need to lose about eight times that. We need to plan a date night with you guys, we miss hanging out with you, you two are so fun!