Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oh yeah.

So it would probably help if I gave some
more info on my new job.
Excitement got the best of me and I
kind of forgot the details.

I am going to work at Newell Barney
Middle School in Queen Creek.
I will be teaching writing in a resource classroom
to 7th and 8th graders.
This school is only a year old and
has amazing technology resources!

Each teacher gets
a document camera and a laptop.
I seriously feel so blessed to not only have a job
but to have one that is so perfect!

And, their mascot is the buccaneers.
I'm hoping I'll get to dress like a pirate at least once.





10 comments:

angiedunn said...

newell barney is myron's mom's uncle...and he married us in the temp. he's a really good guy, so it must be a great school to teach at! (:

congratu-freaking-lations!

Anonymous said...

laura, this is awesome! yeeeeeah.

youngsters said...

yeah!! congrats to you...well deserved! you best not be moving out there and leaving us!

Brian, Lish, Lily, & Ruston said...

How exciting, congrats!

Alisse Baldwin said...

OF COURSE you'd be excited about the potential to dress like a pirate. You're hilarious!

And CONGRATS on graduating & getting a job! You can now sing the pull-ups commercial, "Mommy, wow! I'm a big kid now."

Lindsey said...

Whoever thought of buccaneers as a mascot is a freaking ninja. Only, please don't start telling that one joke about the pirates not getting into the movie theater because it's rated Rrrr... Thank you.

And like Devin, Chris is obsessed with the name Carl. Maybe they SHOULD have children together. Except last night chris told me he wants to name our future children bucket-of-sunshine and the other one Sheira (Asian for Sheila?). He seems pretty set on it so tell him good luck sneaking Carl in there.

JoDee said...

Yaaaay. Congrats to you Ms.Laura. Sounds like a perfect fit for you. Glad things are going so great for you!

Grandma Sue said...

I haven't been keeping up this my blog surfing. Congrats!! You will be a great teacher!!!

Come visit again

Aunt Sue

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I am so happy that you have a job you love! You are going to be such a good teacher, what a deal too :)

Joanna said...

girl you will definitely get to dress like a pirate/ buckaneer while working there- can't wait until spirit day. congrats!