Sunday, September 16, 2007

Life is Rectified.

I nervous to post this because I'm afraid as soon as I do something will go poorly for me. But I need to be grateful and I want to blog about it because things are just so happy!

So my sunday started so so. I had prepared my lesson but had some final touches so I went to steal some tree branches across the street to make a fake tree as part of my lesson. I usually don't use the object lessons because they are boring but I like this weeks so I went for it. The whole idea was that we need to cling to our standards which were previously metaphorically compared to trees. So I went out on a walk at 7:30 to cut branches in v.v. lakes. It was really nice that morning and I was enjoying my day. I decided I need to walk in the morning and enjoy the good weather (don't worry I act like a 50 year old). So after collecting my tree specimens I went home and showered.


Fake tree poorly done. I promise my finished product looked better than this.

I started getting ready with full intention of being at church early because dev had to be there 30 minutes early to greet people . I did my hair and it was so goofy. It wouldn't work and so I showered again and restarted. Nine o'clock rolls around and I am not even close to ready to go to church. Anyway long story short I finally got there and set up for my lesson. I had it in a different room because I couldn't get the fake decorative trees in the foyer to fit in my classroom so I switched rooms with devin who is in the cultural hall. I set up my room and I was so excited to give my lesson with all its glorious tree decorations and such and when I got to YWs they were setting apart the Laurel presidency and the Mia Maids presidency. 45 minutes later we got done and I had 15 minutes to give my lesson. My friend Courtney that came to my class said it turned out okay but I felt like a complete failure and that it was terrible and that I went to all that effort for nothing. So we get the trees back where they go (p.s. these trees are 8 feet tall and really heavy so this is a three person ordeal) and we go home and I find this!!!!!




The blue pot is the pot my old next door neighbor used to put out her cigarettes and then gave us once she moved and has sat outside our door ever since. I haven't done anything with it yet. But the new one had a note!

I was so excited! I love geraniums! They remind me of the easter dress my mom bought me when I was four because she would always pin a red geranium to that I thought smelt like pepper. (not that most flowers don't have some story that reminds me of my mom)

But so so nice! I suspect that it was our neighbor that lives under us because there was water by it and she has a hose and she has really pretty flowers too. My other suspicison is because I asked her the other day about how to grow seeds and we talked about how she got all her pots when her gma died and my mom bought me all of mine. The constant reminder to water is because we talked about how all of mine died when my mom did because I forgot to water them. Also my sneaky sleuthing skills led me to this.


See the potting soil? That is her porch. What a fantastic neighbor! I think I'm going to make her cookies even though I'm not positive 100% that it was her. But I think my deductions were well based on scientific proof aka a picture of potting soil.

Anyways it did just as was intended and brightened my day right up! I am so excited for my new flower! It makes me want to plant my seeds instead of waiting for October like I should.

We also get to go to the asu institute dedication today. That is if I can get dev off the couch from watching football. My couch is currently occupied by these fine folks.



Today is a good day. Its amazing what 4 dollars worth of flowers can do to my mood. Flowers make me so happy!

As angie would say...



{Happy Sunday!}

6 comments:

HooHoo said...

Laura, Sometimes lessons don't turn out and sometimes hair doesn't turn out, sometimes time runs out, but you still went to church and gave it your best shot. You're so good! I am so proud of you for your dilegence. You totally deserved flowers today. Isn't it wonderful what a little kindness does for us?

hilary and morgan said...

the only reason your lesson didn't go according to plan is because i wasn't there to sit in the front row cheering you on. instead i was keepin it real with the sunbeams eating their left over goldfish.
how embarrassing.

Todd and Andrea said...

By the way, your hair looked amazingly clean and coiffed.
Also, it's always the lessons you prepare the most for that don't go as well as the lame ones you hardly put any effort into. It's a phenomenon, hard to explain, but true.
Also, flowers make me happy, too.

angiedunn said...

i like your neighbor. that is so kind and cute. i love the note! if anyone deserves cute happy pink flowers, it's you my dear! you're adorable.

Mark Mabry said...

wow give me some of your sunday happiness!!! jk and you must know that puppies are the key to my heart (i dont know why you would, considering the majority of my pictures or conversations are around my indie:D). I must go see the pup at Chelsee's! thanks for the heads up, and the fun time at mutual:D

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Mrs. F-Head, please repost. It's bothering me. as Angela would say your annoying me, or BORED! -Bubbyz