Friday, January 2, 2009

Don't be late in 2008

So my main goal for 2008 is stated above...

"Don't be late in 2008"

when I told devin that he said, "oh so you don't want to have a baby right now?"

not exactly...but I guess I could add that in?
I already have two fake kids with my fake spouse Emily named Julia and Annie. Thanks tho.

but really my goal was to not be such a procrastinating waste of space...
because lets be honest, I kind of can be/am.

But overall I did much better. I was almost never late to all of my classes.
Being late to church is still a regular occasion but at least I have my priorities in order right? And its gonna be a lot easier this year now that we have 9:00 am church.


There were still plenty of no sleep nights see also ALL of October.
And I still tried to do WAY to many things see also ALL of October
with my schedule just being a little too full.


To give you an idea, here is the list of October's festivities.

All YW at my house for watching Saturday General Conference,

15 page wedding sign in book,

Stake YCL leader for 4th year camp,

30 page anniversary book,
Make all games for Ward Halloween party,

make time to go to the fair with the fam (that is an event that CANNOT be missed!)


make food for the opening of Elliot's mission call,


all on top of going to school full time,

interning 6 hours a week,
( I would post pictures of the kindergartners becuase they are ADORABLE but I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed so here's something we made together after learning to sort with their Halloween candy.)

working full time-ish (being one of the pretend moms at the Jones house),

playing photographer for Julia's homecoming date,

midterms,

trying to celebrate my FAVORITE holiday Halloween
and pretending to be a wife.


Just thinking about that month makes me tired.


I am kind of really good at pushing the limit and working until the last possible second which results in regular mental breakdowns. Emily always tells me that just hearing about everything I have to do gives her stress. But I think I am getting better...right? Just don't ask Devin, Emily, Julia, or any other family member that has seen me in one of my stress induced comas.

I'm pretty sure 2009 is going to be filled with more no sleep nights but I'm trying to get a jump on things.

Motto for 2009:

"It's going to be fine in 2009."

I already bought my the scrapbook paper for the valentines I am making my soon to be students for student teaching this spring,


I am already decorating for Valentines day, my second favorite holiday.
(maybe I am the grinch becuase I kind of hate decortaing for christmas/it ranks pretty low on my list of favorite holidays),

and I am trying to be more composed/have less mental breakdowns.

So I think I am going to keep with the quote on the bottom of my computer screen from Mi Madre,


"I can do hard things"

and keep reading this talk

to remind myself of the change Elaine S. Dalton made to that quote,
“In the strength of the Lord, I can do all things.”


If I remember that quote then I know that
"It'll be fine in 2009."

3 comments:

donkeybray said...

Laura, I can't believe you! Look at all you're doing. I had no idea. And a straight a report card yet. You go with your bad self! Love, Aunt Dona.

angiedunn said...

parts of this post made me think we might have been separated @ birth: sister,sister style.

but then i read all the awesome things you do & remembered you are way too over-achiever-amazing to be my twin. (:

it's gonna be fine in 2009 is a fabulous theme. i'm diggin' it.

ps: congrats on the straight a's, yo.

Tanner ♥ Chaya said...

Holy cow that is a ton of stuff! I admire you for doing all that, and school at the same time! Goodness girl, you are awesome!