Thursday, January 22, 2009

School

Currently for school I am student teaching at Houston Elementary in Gilbert. I am VERY EXCITED to be in my LAST and FINAL semester of ASU. Its like any time I talk about GRADUATING my Caps Lock automatically can't stop working.

Anyway, I love my placement and my school and am highly entertained by my adorable and smart students. I am also highly entertained by the pictures I find on the internet while I am trying to make up worksheets for the kids.

Tonight I was working on a visual cue poster for Super Sentences. I was trying to find pictures that would depict verbs. I wanted ones that showed a lot of action so that the students would get the correlation of Verbs=Action.

I typed run into google images and this came up...
along with it came a whole website that had pictures depicting all of the parts of speech: adjectives, nouns, verbs etc.

Other verb pictures I found that I deemed a little on the inappropriate side for the second graders.

Fight


Gain weight
Smoke

And my personal favorite for obvious reasons


Get Drunk


5 comments:

MeL said...

No freaking way. Our obvious favorite just made me laugh ridiculously hard and now I kind of want to teach 2nd grade. And the overactive CAPS LOCK is how I feel also about graduating. But you are a champ and are getting a real degree, and I went to online school at Rio Salado (or so people think).

amanda p. said...

I think you should teach the kids about the real world. The pictures are a little too hilarious to not. After all in just a short grade or two little Ashhjleigh(the j is silent) is going to be lighting one up with Gage behind the pine tree out at recess. And the depictions are spot on as to what happens to one who drinks, so really your are just putting them ahead of the game :)

Case said...

Good luck on your student teaching. The pictures of Annie at swim team make me very happy, I love that girl...she is my BFF!

Brian, Lish, Lily, & Ruston said...

OK, Laura. Do you realize I have not seen you since Ruston was born and we haven't gone out and done anything in a LONG time. I can't even remember the last time we got together. SO, when are you and Devin available? I'm going to make you guys hang out with us, at least for one night! You're the only cool people from our old ward. Make it, the only cool people we know. :) We can get a babysitter, I PROMISE!

amanda p. said...

can you do a new post for the LOVE!!!!! It is killing me to see this same post EVERY TIME I CHECK YOU BLOG! you are funny and you can make time. now do it.