Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wedding Books

One of my favorite things to do in the world is wedding sign in books. About this time last year one of my friend's was getting married. For some reason I volunteered myself to do her sign in book. Amanda did a book for me and so per usual I figured that I could rely on my sisters skills to get me by. (I have a really bad habit of volunteering myself when I am really volunteering my family because I only have half the skills and have to rely on the other individual for the rest but I am getting much better and I don't think I do it as often.) So my friend and I went and bought the product and later I pleaded with my sisters to please please take one night out of their busy schedules to have a scrap booking party. I figured if they would each do a lay out or two we could get it done pretty fast. Luckily they obliged and the book got finished.

Well about two months later another friend of mine was getting married. Again I told her I would make her sign in book. This time I had some friends help me with the project. Both times I kind of did them very last minute. (I work better under pressure). So one night starting at 3pm and ten hours later we finished at about 1am.

You would think I would have seen the error of my ways but don’t you worry I’m denser then that and my story gets worse. A lady saw the first book I had done for my best friend and asked her if I would be willing to do one for her daughter. We got the supplies and materials and she gave me all of the pictures to do the book. I kind of really put off this one and that is where this story gets really painful. The book was due two nights before June 3rd 2007. All the family was together that Friday night when I got a frantic call from the sister of the bride asking where the wedding book was. It was about 5:45 p.m. and they needed the book by 7. I had already done some of the book but I wasn’t even close to done. With the help of my amazing sisters and Devin, we got the book done and as we finished Devin took pages at a time to the reception so that people could start signing them. Painful experience for all. Good thing I have such amazing, talented, wonderfully nice sisters.

Needless to say, I did learn from that experience and have since done two more books. One for my friend Shaina and presently I am doing Darci Weaver’s book.

I am almost done with Darci’s and now that the painful experiences are over and I start months before the wedding is scheduled, things go a lot smoother. My kitchen table doesn’t always appreciate the over use/constant clutter because it very often has a wedding book in progress on it but I love the hobby and spending the time making the books. I don’t really make that much doing them because the first couple I did for friends and gave it to them as their present and if I do get paid it never quite amounts to the time spent, or extra money I inevitably spend at ribbons and lace or scrapbooks etc for extra supplies but I love the hobby.

Here’s pictures from the latest book.





9 comments:

hilary and morgan said...

hey umm i'm getting married three days from now. could you do my book? thanks. oh and i'll compensate. with ice cream.

MeL said...

Guess how excited I am that you have to post every day...VERY EXCITED! And your wedding books are very attractive. If only I had known a couple years ago, that would have saved me from doing my own and finishing it the night before I got married!

waoeifjaweo;fidlsfksn;lksndlfask said...

sorry i didn't come over. family stuff ran late. i need to see you guys before i leave. i leave on the 17. please make time for me. i love you guys

•stephanie• said...

darling books. creative people are my favorite!

angiedunn said...

SO so very cute Lar-Lar. Thanks for posting these...they are stinkin' adorable & send happy creative vibes my way!

Anonymous said...

Ooh I really like them.

JoDee said...

So this is JoDee - loved getting to know you a little better tonight and peeking at your blog. These books are awesome!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

I thought you were supposed to blog every day, you little devil.

Unknown said...

good job!!! i love those! oh and about your previous post... there is an elder blazzard here in uruguay. are you related??? (: