Monday, July 28, 2008

Holy California Batman!

Two weekends ago we went on a last hurrah trip to San Diego before Devin starts his new job.
We went with our bestest friends in the world Courtney and Davey.

Highlights from the trip:

1. The tasty pizza we had at asaggio's over in seaport village.

So good it made us look like we were in a drunken coma, or at least the girls did.

Before Pizza...


After pizza...



2. The delectable fudge from The Fudgeworks shop at seaport village.


3. The Homeless person Vertriliquist show on the way to the movies to see The Dark Knight

(You might need to make that one full size to see that no that isn't a small child on her lap but a ventriliquist dummy. The stupid man got in the way of the girl dummy on the other ladies lap. He looks very smug about ruining our picture. richard cranium.)

4. The treacherous climb down to the tide pools. Lets just say we were precariously perched.

We had to get from up here...

to down there...



all on this teeny little rope.

I was nervous for my life and very proud when I climbed back up without casualty.

Devin makes it look ridiculously easy but let me assure you. It wasn't.

The only problem was maybe I ripped my pants and maybe it made me really sad especially when I spend the rest of the day walking around with a 12 inch rip in my pants.

(sorry about the crotch shot.)

5. The tide pools that were really fun, even if Devin and I were the only ones brave enough to climb up to them. Courtney and Davey were babies and stayed up at the top of the hill.




'k so its kinda hard to see but there are sea anemones in there that we poked with sticks and were very entertained by.


This is Devin's I start a new job on Monday face and I am so excited.


6. The drunk man who we bought food for at taco bell and hearing about how his brother offered him a job and he didn't want to be bossed around by the mother f-ing goodie two shoes brown noser blah blah more swearing blah.


7. The seemingly useless warning signs on the diaper changer...but then again all rules are there becuase someone was dumb enough to do it once, right?


8. Never finding a fire pit at the beach to sit by to burn our wood so watching it sit as we pretended it was burning


9. Finding a frozen banana stand but never seeing Gob.


10. Seeing the most amazing sea shell house ever.


11. Going to more tide pools that were easier to get to so everyone could go and having fun.



12. Feeding seagulls whether intentionally...


or unintentionally.


13. Seeing amazing Sunsets.



14. Playing games on the beach.



15. Having an amazing time with our favorite friends.


6 comments:

Lindsey said...

How dare you go to California and not tell me about it... Whatever whatever.

MeL said...

Look at you being all ELP style and looking at tide pools and going to Seaport Village, you always were the smart cousin! And I too am kind of ticked at the smug looking guy in your picture, seeing as how I would have loved to see the ventrilliquist homeless ladies, what a sight to behold.

Sara! said...

I wanna go.

hilary and morgan said...

i love your sunglasses. and your face.
p.s. i had to get a new phone so i lost all my numbers.
gimme yours. now.

Anonymous said...

no gob?
that would've ruined the trip for me.

Todd and Andrea said...

Sorry about the ripped jeans. But the tide pools looked totally worth it.
Also, who has the creativity and time to make a seashell house?